I made this frozen yogurt back in June (yes. June). And it has been sitting in my freezer begging to be photographed, and then shared with the world, because that’s how we bloggers do things.
I can’t think of a frozen yogurt more appropriate for summer than piña colada — rum included. Sorry I kept it from you all for so long. But summer isn’t quite over yet.
Pina Colada Frozen Chobani (fro cho)
- 32 oz. Chobani plain 0% yogurt (you could use 2% if you want a creamier yogurt)
- 2 c canned or fresh pineapple pieces
- 8 oz rum of choice
- 1-2 c sweetened coconut flakes — depends on how flakey you are
- Mix ingredients together in a large bowl. I use an immersion blender to get them really mixed together. Alternatively, you could pour into a regular blender and blend together.
- Pour into ice cream maker.
- Follow directions on your ice cream maker and freeze to desired consistency.
Have you made frozen yogurt or ice cream before? What’s your favorite summer treat?