My friend Kelly, at No Sugar Sweet Life, had kind of a brilliant idea: Reclaim the term “Thirsty Thursday” from drunken college boys by sharing healthy drink recipes.
This week I bring you an easy peasy smoothie recipe.
Which actually, would be much easier if my blender didn’t just break. I am going to pick up a new one, and unfortunately it’s not going to be a Vitamix. But it’s going to be something a bit nicer than what I broke!
chobani triple berry smoothie
- 1/4 c protein powder of choice (I used Fitmixer chocolate)
- 1/2 c frozen blueberries, raspberries or strawberries (I used blueberries)
- 1/2 c fresh strawberries, raspberries or blueberries (I used strawberries)
- 1 6 oz container raspberry, blueberry or strawberry Chobani (I used raspberry)
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 1/2 c almond milk
- Pour all ingredients into your blender.
- Blend. Add more liquid if too thick
- Optional: Pour into an adorable cup.
- Enjoy your delicious breakfast creation!
As you can tell, this recipe is pretty flexible. It’s a combo of fresh and frozen fruit with greek yogurt for maximum creaminess. I’d love to hear about new and interesting combo ideas.
My other friend Lauren is starting a new fitness initiative called the 20-minute yoga challenge.
So I’m going to try to commit to doing 20 minutes of yoga a day.
I say try because I do not do yoga. I can barely touch my toes, and that alone is reason enough to give this a try. I’m not going to be as extreme as she is and hop right into a wheel pose. I might start with a tree pose during a break at my desk (how do you know I’m not doing it RIGHT now?) I put a button on my sidebar to show my commitment and so you have a place to click later if you’d like to join.