Gluten-Free Almond Protein Bread Recipe
Ma! The meatloaf!
Oh wait. That’s not meatloaf.
It does have just about as much protein in it as meatloaf, but it tastes a lot better with a smear of peanut butter than meatloaf ever could dream about tasting.
Just trust me on this. These are good.
I got this recipe from a co-worker who is always talking to me about different gluten-free recipes. And, of course, I modified it a little bit, because that’s what I do.
Gluten-Free Almond Protein Bread
- 3 eggs (separated, or use <a href="http://andreadrugay.wordpress.com/2012/04/01/how-to-make-chia-egg-replacer/" target="blank">chia eggs</a>)
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 T agave or honey
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t apple cider vinegar
- 12 oz dry curd cottage cheese (or 16 oz regular drained and rinsed)
- 3 c almond flour
- If using eggs, separate, beat whites and set aside. Then beat yolks.
- Add olive oil, agave, baking soda, and vinegar to your egg yolks OR chia eggs. Mix to combine.
- Mix in cottage cheese.
- If adding egg whites, fold in at this time.
- Mix in almond flour. It’s best to mix a little at a time.
- Drop onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 275 for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn off oven and leave bread in until cooled.
- When cool, take off the parchment.
- Makes about 15.
I pop these in the freezer so they stay fresh longer.
Would you eat bread that looks a little like meatloaf? 🙂
PS: You can still enter to win my giveaways — blog graphic by chimesdesign, Healthy Bites, Nutty Butter, AND Lululemon / Zero Scale.