We’ve been eyeing the sweet corn at Fareway when grocery shopping the past month.
So we finally broke down and bought some. But what to make with sweet corn? The answer: chicken strips.
Chicken Strips + Sweet Corn
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into thin strips)
- 1/2 c flour
- 1 t spices (we grind black, white and red pepper together)
- 1.5 T Louisiana hot sauce (or enough to coat chicken)
- 3 T olive oil
- 6 ears of corn
- 2 T honey
- 2 T mustard (we used dijon)
- Coat chicken in the hot sauce and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour and spices and begin heating oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Turn the oven on to 350°.
- Dip chicken into the flour mixture.
- Once all are coated, transfer one at a time to the hot oil and cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove from oil and put on a cookie sheet covered in parchment.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 350°, then turn up to 400° and cook for 5 additional minutes.
- While chicken is baking, bring a large saucepan of water with the corn to boiling.
- Once chicken is done, your corn should be done.
- To make dipping sauce, combine mustard and honey.
- Serve while hot.