I went to the Bell Center today to run on a treadmill.
I set out to run 45 minutes or 5 miles — whichever came first. Welll … I ended up running for an hour. Which was somewhere between 7 and 8 miles (I need to recalibrate my nike+!).
I spent a good 20 minutes stretching out and LO! I can touch my left toe!!! I haven’t done that in years. Especially since I’ve been injured.
I’m currently enjoying my new favorite post-run treat: A faux-chocolate malt.
I haven’t quite gotten an official recipe down, but this is kinda what I’ve got going …
Faux Chocolate Malt
- 1-2 frozen bananas (peel/slice before you freeze)
- 1-2 bananas
- 5-7 ice cubes
- 1/4 c milk (you might have to add more towards the end
- chocolate milk mix to taste
- Toss it in a blender … ice and frozen naners first
- Add regular bananas and milk.
- Blend until desired consistency.
- Add chocolate milk mix.
Tastes like a chocolate malt!