I wrote a whole lotta goals for myself to accomplish this year, and I almost totally forgot to check in on them (oops). Next year’s goals will be more focused. I won’t accomplish some of these this year, and that’s okay. Some of these I don’t care to meet anymore anyway.
I crossed out goals I no longer plan to do this year, put a check mark by accomplished goals, and bolded the goals I want to focus on until the end of the year.
Without further adieu…
- Join a writing group. ✅
- Continue my daily writing habit.✅ (keep working on this!)
Write three blog posts a week. Keep writing on my novel.
- Finish writing Tokens of Kindness book ✅
- Edit Tokens of Kindness book
Finish designing Tokens of Kindness book Publish and publicize Tokens of Kindness book Edit Graphic Design Social book Write “Tokens of Kindness” section of Graphic Design Social book Fix design of Graphic Design Social book Publish and publicize Graphic Design Social book
- Become a deft coder. ✅ (ish). We launched a new website this year and I learned a TON.
Fix p5 sketches Self-publish a design book. Redesign blog and portfolio, coding a theme from scratch.
- Learn a new design technique each month. ✅
- Become a better typographer. ✅
- Get involved with the local design community. ✅
Add new designs to the wedding invite shop.
- Make a green marinara / pizza sauce with tomatillos. ✅
- Maybe try tomatoes again. ✅
- Make a couple of difficult / high-quantity of ingredient recipes from our cookbooks. ✅
- Keep working on meal planning and grocery shopping. ✅
- Be better at planning my lunches. ✅ And I even got Mark into meal planning!
- Continue the random vegetarian trend. ✅
- Eat more green things. ✅
- Limit my sugar intake. ✅ This is an ongoing battle (sugar is EVERYWHERE).
- Make fitness part of the daily routine. ✅
- Try to hit my daily step goal more often. ✅
Keep up the dog walking routine.Sadly, there is no more dog to walk.
- Run more often ✅
Set monthly running goalsThis leads to me trying to ramp up my running too fast, which always leads to injury. Make yoga part of my fitness.
- Strength train regularly (2-3x a week).
- Stretch daily.
Restart chiropractic and massage therapy.This requires $$$. Maybe a 2018 goal for after we replenish our savings from buying a house?
- Expand into different genres and authors. ✅
Read some classics.
- Hit fifteen (or more) books. ✅
- Read longer books. ✅
- Read for research. ✅
- Hit at least five of my “want to read” list on Goodreads. ✅
- Listen to more new artists. My “spankin’ new” playlist on Spotify is DAYS long… trying to catch up.
Hone some DJ skills.
- Learn more about vinyl. ✅
- Setup stereo equipment
Fix dad’s receiverMaybe? This is another $$$ thing, so maybe it’s a 2018 goal.
- Get a shelving system (pretty one) that works for us ✅
- Create a digital backup copy of all of our music
- Mark’s CDs ✅
- My CDs ✅
- Vinyl (another $$$ thing)
- Cassette tapes (another $$$ thing)
- Explore the Twin Cities: Mark and I are making a list of (mostly free) things to do and will be making more of a concerted effort to do them. So far, we visited the MIA and quite a few restaurants and parks on our list.
Travel outside of the United States$$$ I guess I could get a passport and drive the 8 hours to Winnepeg. 🙂 Travel somewhere new (to me) for a weekend$$$ Unless we go somewhere new to us that’s cheap (like in Minnesota). Portland San Fransisco New York to visit friends Louisiana to visit friends Dallas to visit friends Boston to visit friends Florida to visit friends
Finish quilts and give them away$$$ Plan gallery wall ($$$ will do when we move)
- Finish (or trash) painting ✅ (for now)
Frame artwork ($$$ will do when we move) Stretch wedding painting ($$$ will do when we move) Hang art ($$$ will do when we move)