I still have time on my free 2-month premium subscription.
I’m going to continue last month’s creative challenge and keep taking Skillshare classes.
May’s Creative Challenge: Complete Five Classes (including projects)
I probably won’t have time to complete projects while I’m watching the classes because my subscription is up next week. I’m planning to watch the classes in my spare time and start the projects later.
Classes I Finished During April’s Creative Challenge
Pen and Ink Calligraphy: The Art of the Envelope—My Calligraphy Envelopes Waterbrush Lettering Essentials—My Waterbrush Lettered Cards Introduction to Designing Repeat Patterns in Illustrator—My First Repeat Pattern Paper to Digital: Watercolor Brush Lettering—My Digitized Lettering Baugasm Series #1: Experimental Gradients—My Experimental Gradient Poster Baugasm Series #2: Clothing Effect in C4D—My Clothing Effect Poster
Classes I Started During April’s Creative Challenge
- Introduction to Modern Script Calligraphy (Calligraphy I)
- Finding Your Personal Script Style (Calligraphy II)
- Experimenting with Layouts, Surfaces, and Digitization (Calligraphy III)
- Storytelling Fundamentals: Character, Conflict, Context, Craft
- Smart Responsive UX Design
- Drawing Letters, Making Art: Beyond the Page
- Digitize Your Watercolors in Photoshop
Classes I want to Take
- Simplified Pattern Design
- Writing Academy: Write Great Dialogue
- Writing Academy: Writing a Setting
- Write Character-Driven Short Stories
- Customizing Type with Draplin: Designing Wordmarks that Work
- Logo Design with Draplin: Secrets of Type, Layout, and Color
- Watercolor and Mixed Media
- The Hitchcock Method: How to Add Suspense to Anything You Write
- Lettering for Designers: One Dropcap Letterform at a Time
- Hand Drawn Typography for Poster Design
- Hand Lettering: Add Digital Color and Texture for Final Polish
- Vintage Hand Lettering: Style Phrases for Timeless Appeal
- Hand Lettering Workshop: Illustrating with Lettering
- Surface Pattern Design 2.0: Design A Collection
- Intro to Surface Pattern Design
- Pattern Design II: A Creative Look at a Full Pattern Collection
- Watercolor for Surface Pattern Design
- Pattern Design: Bring Your Artwork to Life on Products
- Digitizing Hand Lettering to Refined Vector
- What’s in Your Lettering Toolbox? Know Your Hand Lettering Tools Like a Pro
- Art Essentials: Learn Watercolor Painting Basics
- Making Your First Zine: From Idea to Illustration
- Digital Illustration: Design Your Avatar
- Baugasm Series #3: Create Abstract Shapes
- Baugasm Series #4: Abstract Iridescent Effect
- Baugasm Series #5: 3D Shapes in Illustrator & Photoshop
- Baugasm Series #6: Abstract Gradient Shapes in Photoshop
- Baugasm Series #7: Liquid Effect in Photoshop
- Demystifying Beauty: Inspiration for Design (only because Ellen Lupton is teaching!)
- Typography That Works: Composition and Fonts (again, Ellen Lupton)
- Having Fun with Web Fonts and Web Typography
- Introduction to DSLR: Use your Camera Like a Pro
- AND SO MANY MORE!
Want a Free Month of Skillshare?
Although this is not a sponsored post, I will get a free month of SkillShare Premium (and so will you!) if you sign up through their referral program link. This isn’t why I chose to do this challenge. I actually thought to include this after I wrote the original challenge post since others might want to do the same (binge some classes in a month), and am including it again in the recap because I seriously recommend this site. I’m debating on continuing this creative challenge next month or doing another writing challenge because I have an idea for another new project that has to be written (go figure). I’ll let you know if I ever finish anything…
What classes would you take if you had a free month or two of SkillShare?
Disclaimer: This is NOT a sponsored post. I did not receive compensation for my endorsement of this website. I will receive a free month of SkillShare (and so will you!) if you sign up for a free month of premium through their referral program link.