I signed up for SkillShare …
SkillShare is a website full of classes on multiple skills across a variety of subjects. They have many design, art, craft, and coding classes taught by experts in their fields (like Jessica Hische and Aaron Draplin for graphic design). I previously subscriped to SkillShare Premium, but canceled my subscription because I wasn’t using it as much as I wanted for the price I paid (hello, grad school!). SkillShare free has very limited classes, unfortunately.
… and got a two-month free Premium subscription.
When I signed up this time, I opted for the free two-month premium subscription. I’m going to cancel after two months as this isn’t in our budget (we’re being house poor on the front end), but I want to get as much out of these two months as possible. I cued up all of the premium classes taught by the experts I want to learn from, and am bingeing them at 2x speed. I’m taking notes in Evernote to save for later when I have time and desire to do the class projects.
April’s Creative Challenge: Complete Five Classes (including projects)
I won’t have time to get through this list before the two months are up, but I’ll give it a try. I want to try to watch ten classes and finish five classes including projects. I have a head start so I hope that I can finish. This will be fun!
Classes I’ve Started
- Introduction to Modern Script Calligraphy (Calligraphy I)
- Finding Your Personal Script Style (Calligraphy II)
- Experimenting with Layouts, Surfaces, and Digitization (Calligraphy III)
- Pen and Ink Calligraphy: The Art of the Envelope
- Waterbrush Lettering Essentials
- Storytelling Fundamentals: Character, Conflict, Context, Craft
Classes I want to Take
- Simplified Pattern Design
- Introduction to Designing Repeat Patterns in Illustrator
- Paper to Digital: Watercolor Brush Lettering
- Writing Academy: Write Great Dialogue
- Writing Academy: Writing a Setting
- Write Character-Driven Short Stories
- Customizing Type with Draplin: Designing Wordmarks that Work
- Logo Design with Draplin: Secrets of Type, Layout, and Color
- Watercolor and Mixed Media
- The Hitchcock Method: How to Add Suspense to Anything You Write
- Lettering for Designers: One Dropcap Letterform at a Time
- Hand Drawn Typography for Poster Design
- Hand Lettering: Add Digital Color and Texture for Final Polish
- Vintage Hand Lettering: Style Phrases for Timeless Appeal
- Hand Lettering Workshop: Illustrating with Lettering
- Surface Pattern Design 2.0: Design A Collection
- Intro to Surface Pattern Design
- Pattern Design II: A Creative Look at a Full Pattern Collection
- Watercolor for Surface Pattern Design
- Pattern Design: Bring Your Artwork to Life on Products
Want a Free Month of Skillshare?
Although this is not a sponsored post, I will get a free month of SkillShare Premium (and so will you!) if you sign up through their referral program link. This isn’t why I chose to do this challenge. I actually thought to include this after I wrote this post since others might want to do the same (binge some classes in a month).
What classes would you take if you had a free month or two of SkillShare?
Disclaimer: This is NOT a sponsored post. I did not receive compensation for my endorsement of this website. I will receive a free month of SkillShare (and so will you!) if you sign up for a free month through their referral program link.