Make something for ME
I had a hard time deciding what to do for this month’s creative challenge. I considered a coding challenge, but that didn’t strike my fancy. I thought about pushing myself to finish the stupid wedding invitations and post them on etsy, but clearly THAT didn’t strike my fancy either. I considered another writing challenge, but don’t have any projects I want to devote this challenge to now. This month, I realized, I feel like crafting.
I love to make things and give them away. That’s probably why I hardly have anything that I made for myself. I have one pair of socks that I knit (and love) that are getting a hole in them. I lost my last pair of mittens. I keep saying I need some new winter gear, so why not knit something(s) for myself?
Enter: this month’s creative challenge.
I loved how last month’s challenge worked — a menu with items from which to choose. I’m doing that again. Here are a few options of things to knit for myself. My goal is to make at least one of these things from a really great yarn.
- Everyday Mittens by Pickles
Image from Pickles.no
- Cozy Purl Ridge Mittens
Image from Wiksten
- Lattice Brioche Scarf by Purl Soho
Image from Purl Soho
- Striped Summer Shirt by Purl Soho
Five Favorite Knitting Patterns
I might try something on the list, or else I’ll go back to my tried-and-true favorite knitting patterns.
- Fetching Fingerless Mitts (knitty.com) — I’ve made at least 50 pairs of these and love making them. I now have two pairs in rotation, so probably don’t need to make another pair of these for myself.
- Knit Dorm Socks (Ravelry) — I have made at least 10 pairs of these. I’m down to one pair (pictured) and they are starting to get a hole in them. 🙁
- Soft Arm Warmers (pickles.no) — I made a pair of these but don’t know what I did with them … probably gave them away as a gift.
- Electra Leg Warmers (Lion Brand Yarn Patterns) — I had two pairs of these but lost 1.5, and I miss adding these to the top of my boots in the winter.
- Everyday Mittens (pickles.no) — I made a few pairs of these a couple of years ago, but didn’t make a pair for myself, which is why I listed them in my options list.
Wish me luck!
Are you a knitter? If so, what are your favorite patterns to knit?