Accomplished in 2016
- Started a new novel
- Finished NaNoWriMo Camp in July (20K words on my novel)
- Completed NaNoWriMo in November (50K words on my novel)
- Wrote my thesis and published on my blog
- Wrote a draft of an e-book version of my thesis (for public consumption)
- Wrote 126 blog posts
- Created and maintained a daily writing habit (although sometimes it’s just limited to writing ideas or post drafts)
Goals for 2017
- Join a writing group. Stephanie’s writing group invited me to join, so we’ll see how that goes. I think it’s weekly, which might not work for me since I have other hobbies I like to work on in tandem with writing, so my writing is slower.
- Continue my daily writing habit.
- Finish and publish the e-book version of my thesis. The first thing I’ll tackle in the writing group.
- Crack open the design book I wrote in 2015 and workshop it. I need to add my research and I need to edit the thing. I also need permission to publish (and maybe a foreword) from the person whose teaching methods I wrote about.
- Write three blog posts a week and continue being more purposeful with the writing. Although I write this for me, the writing can continue to improve. This year I reclaimed a healthy relationship with my blog. It’s old-school, but I love using this as a journal — a personal archive. I sometimes share useful information, but that’s not my blog’s purpose anymore. It was stressful writing for an audience. I enjoy this, as it is. Maybe that will change (this blog has gone through metamorphoses), but not now.
- Keep writing on my novel. I don’t plan to have a polished version anytime soon, but I want to get back into writing the first draft to see how the story pans out. I plan to participate in NaNoWriMo Camp in July and in NaNoWriMo in November.
Do you write? What did you accomplish in 2016?