Mark and I always joked that we would have cheesecake at our wedding.
Neither one of us is a big cake fan. Turns out that making our cheesecake joke a reality was pretty easy! Enter: Muddy Paws Cheesecake in the Twin Cities.
Pros of serving cheesecake instead of wedding cake
- They have TONS of flavors to choose from — they add new ones all the time.
- Muddy Paws offers allergy- and diabetic-friendly options — gluten-free, sugar-free, and vegan (read: also lactose-free).
- Cheesecake is WAY less expensive than cake because the main cake cost is decoration. Bonus!
- Cheesecake keeps better in the freezer than regular cake. We had some leftover and are saving the top piece for our first anniversary.
- It’s super moist. Raise your hand if you’ve ever uncovered a dry piece of wedding cake underneath a layer of fondant.
- And, did I mention, you’re getting cheesecake? I think we can all agree cheesecake is better than regular cake — it’s dessert made with cheese!
Muddy Paws also provides stands and utensils. They make flavor signs, but I wanted to design ours (duh). We had seven or more flavors of cheesecake, which we opted to slice into smaller pieces so people could try different flavors. Overall, a success!
We had a great experience with Muddy Paws and I would totally use them again if I could. Maybe I’ll order some cheesecake for my birthday …
What kind of dessert would you serve at a big fancy party?