I confess. Tuesday’s post about myspace and 2003 and surveys left me wanting to find any survey from my previous life that I could re-post here. Because, let me tell you, I was one survey-creating machine in high school (over e-mail — myspace didn’t exist yet).
Anyway, I found one of these such surveys on Facebook. I’m sad that it’s not older than my blog, but it’s something I wouldn’t have shared with my readers in the past. It’s from January 2009.
Also, here’s a gratuitous photo of me from January of 2009.
Enjoy. PS My notes are in pink, of course.
Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
Copy and paste these instructions at the top of your list for the next person.
1. I’m an open book. I bet all the people I tagged and most of the people who read this will know at least 15-20 of these things.
2. Sadly my life revolves mostly around running and food (input and output).
3. Since I’m on the subject of output, when I was 2 or 3 years old I pooped in the front lawn. If you ever meet my mom, she’ll most likely tell you the story soon after. My close friends and family still make fun of me every chance they get. Aaaaaand now you all can too.
4. I have a not-so-secret celeb crush on Ashton Kutcher, James Franco, Alexi Laiho (of Children of Bodom) and Tom Lind (of Jimmy Eat World). Don’t worry, my taste in men has gotten better since then.
5. I’ve received 2 promise rings from 2 different boyfriends. Both of which I’ve returned. One of which I threw at said ex-boyfriend. And the other of which was from a guy I was still dating when I wrote this.
6. Last fall I ran my first (hopefully not last) marathon. It took 5 and a half hours. I refused to walk but at one point I was running 16 minute miles (slower than most people’s slow walks). Don’t run a marathon with an injury. Just. Don’t.
7. I hate comic sans almost as much as I hate walk/joggers (those people who walk until you pass them and then sprint to pass you and start walking again).
8. I used to smoke cigars. Not good ones either.
9. I like to run in what some people refer to as “adverse conditions”. The most adverse in my opinion was the first time I ran 10 miles. I had a hangover from a blackout drunk night the night before.
10. Call me a “jogger” and I’ll punch you in the face. Still true. I’m not a jogger. Gross.
11. Ben and Jerry are two men I turn to whenever I’ve got a problem that friends or running can’t solve.
12. I semi-secretly hope College Boyfriend gets into University of Oregon because I want to live in Eugene. (don’t worry. he’s 99% sure he won’t go there even if he gets accepted) I wouldn’t move to any of the other places he’s applying to though —especially Alaska. I still want to move to Oregon. It looks like I’d fit right in with Portland residents.
13. I have a list of food and drinks that are off-limits. The list includes soda, chips, fast food, fried food and lord-knows-what-else. It depends on the day. Donuts are on that list too. Glad this doesn’t exist anymore. I will eat anything that won’t make me sick or completely jack up my plan for the day.
14. Aside from the off-limits foods there’s a long list of things I can no longer eat because of the hole in my stomach I created from abusing ibuprofen and laxatives 3-4 years back (sadly this list includes broccoli). This was back when I had NO CLUE what was making my tummy hurt. I cut out gluten and started eating cleaner, and that’s helped a lot. I still have a list, but it’s much shorter (posting soon in case you’re curious).
15. I can’t function without a scheduled day. I also tend to schedule my whole day around my run.
16. I have a dent in the side of my car from backing into a dumpster. I don’t plan to fix it. I didn’t fix it. But I traded in my car soon after I wrote this.
17. I love to knit. Sometimes I knit so much I get tendonitis in my right forearm.
18. One of my favorite TV shows is Roseanne. I have 7 of 9 seasons at home and like to watch when I’m sick or when I’m knitting or snowed in. I love it so much because it was always on when I had to pull all-nighters and long nights in college so I pretty much got to see the entire series my last semester in college.
19. Before College Boyfriend and I started dating over 3 years ago, I told him that I had a crush on him and he laughed at me because he thought I was kidding. Then he turned me down a few times. I finally got him drunk and managed to seduce him (thanks to Drew and Mark — yes, my Mark).
20. The best Christmas present I got this year was either the heated blanket from College Boyfriend’s family or my hot pink underarmour coldgear shirt from “santa”. I still think that blanket was the best gift I’ve ever gotten. And I hope Mark isn’t creeped out now that he knows where it came from …
21. I used to paint our family dog Jake’s toenails. He liked it at the time but I think I gave him a complex because he chews his nails constantly now… especially when we have company. Sadly, Jake died shortly after this survey was written.
22. When I get bored I usually bake. I try not to keep baking supplies in my apartment for this reason. When I bake I give the result away as much as possible.
23. Whenever I see a cute woodland creature, without thinking I say, “Hello squirrel/bunny/birdie/etc!” Sometimes people hear me and look at me funny.
24. I skipped kindergarten. But then it took me 5 years to graduate college, so I ended up where I started I guess.
25. I’m kind of a germaphob. I refuse to touch a public toilet with anything but my butt or foot. I have to shut the toilet lid before I flush it and it grosses me out if I walk into the bathroom with the lid up because I know somebody flushed with it up and there’s germies all over. I don’t touch the sink handle or door with my hands either. It’s weird because it’s only public bathrooms I have a problem with. Everything else is fine. Oh wait. No. I have a problem touching other people’s computer mouses and keyboards. Also, I don’t like when you flush with the lid up in MY bathroom where MY toothbrush is. I know. Totally irrational.
Do you fill out surveys? Or am I the only immature one here … Also, consider yourself tagged.