Before I get to today’s pick from my 10 favorite albums, let’s recap the previous 8 albums. Remember, these are in no particular order.
10. Smashing Pumpkins / Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
9. Jimmy Eat World / Futures
8. Michael Jackson / Dangerous
7. The Postal Service / Give Up
6. Children of Bodom / Are You Dead Yet?
5. The Faint / Danse Macabre
4. Weezer / Weezer (blue)
3. LCD Soundsystem / This is Happening.
Only two remain.
Megadeth’s Rust In Peace is another album that I can listen to from start to finish, over and over again. In fact, I saw them play it in its entirety live in 2010 for the 20th anniversary of its release.
My favorite track is “Take No Prisoners”, but they’re all pretty good. There is some beyond shredtastic guitarwork on this album. Dave Mustaine was at his best.
Here’s a cheesy video of Hangar 18 from Rust in Peace.
And for those of you who don’t know about my Megadeth fandom, I am the proud owner of a Megadeth kitchen set — including a Dave Must-apron, which I’m wearing in this photo over my Ziggy Stardust shirt. Rock. Whore.
Only one album left … any guesses as to what it will be?