I’ve said it a million times, and I’ll say it again. My decision to go to Blend Retreat 2012 was one of the best, and most life-changing decisions I’ve made (if you haven’t read my recaps, they’re here, here, here, and here). I met so many great people, and have a huge support network of bloggers and friends (some are IRL friends now). This week I’m featuring my friend (technically a blend, but let’s be honest, she’s a great friend) Kelly from No Sugar Sweet Life.
[ frankly I’ve lost track of whose photos are whose from Blend, this could be Lauren’s, but it could be mine since my camera case is empty. who knows. since i’m the only one that will bitch about photo credit, i’m calling this okay]
Kelly and I met at Blend, and I’ve been reading her blog religiously ever since. She’s a really smart lady, and she has the most adorable little girl. She’s lucky enough to be a stay at home mom, and I’ve been loving hearing about all the things she’s able to do with her babycakes since she is able to devote so much time to her now.
Here are my top 5 favorite posts by Kelly (since I started reading):
- Be Aware, and Beware (or how their dream home turned into a nightmare — please pass this one on)
- Growing Healthy Kids + Stopping Childhood obesity (hint: it starts at home)
- Our Words Matter [my pretty body]
- Before and After
- Before Babycakes (my struggle to get pregnant)
Kelly posts a lot of healthy recipes, and an exceptional amount of juicing recipes. I’m planning to stalk her blog once I finally buy the Vitamix I’ve been dreaming of getting. These are just a few of her recipes that I’ve been meaning to try:
- No Sugar Baked Beans
- Caramelized Onion Peach Pizza
- Slow Cooker *Mostly* Vegan Zuppa Toscana
- Smashed Blackberry and Basil Grilled Cheese
Would you ever drive 10 hours to meet a group of complete strangers?