Are you ready for a really interesting drink that will knock your socks off?
It’s no secret that I’ve been drinking apple cider vinegar (ACV) shots for a while now. And it’s also no secret that I sprained my ankle and have been doing everything in my power to heal quickly.
I’ve been focusing on an anti-inflammatory diet consisting of lots of fruits and veggies, as well as some that are known for anti-inflammatory purposes: Tart cherry juice, cinnamon and ginger.
Naturally, I combined ACV with the tart cherry juice and ginger. And since hot toddies were originally imbibed to help people get well, I decided to heat up my concoction before drinking.
Also, I may have stolen Mark’s Dalek mug from him for this photoshoot.
- 1 inch cube of ginger
- 12 oz tart cherry juice (could use ginger flavored Cheribundi and forgo infusing the juice)
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1-2 oz ACV (depends how tart / strong you want it)
- 1 t honey
- Slice the cube of ginger into smaller pieces and put into a mug with the cherry juice.
- Heat in the microwave for 3-4 minutes.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes (until the ginger flavor has been soaked up — I'm sure there's a better way of doing this, but this is what I did).
- Remove the ginger if desired.
- Add remaining ingredients, and warm in the microwave if necessary.
Have you had any fun and interesting drinks lately?